Friday, January 22, 2021

Murder of Lecia McGee

 

On Jan. 22, 1978, 17-year-old Lecia McGee went over to Whaley's home to watch movies and eat pizza. The Whaley's were former neighbors who moved four miles away from their home in Fort Worth, Texas. Lecia would leave around 12 to 12:30 a.m. to return home, but she would never arrive.

When Lecia's older sister came home with a friend her mother sent the two out to look for Lecia. Thinking that Lecia was still at the Whaley's they drove over to find she wasn't there. It was lightly snowing at the time and Lecia's sister thought it was possible her car had broken down. The two would drive around looking for the car, but after a few hours of searching nothing was found. 

Fear would set in and Lecia's mother would call the police. Family members would set out to try to find Lecia. Later that morning her car was found with a flat parked at 2300 S.W Loop 820 in Fortworth. This was only a few miles away from where she lived. 

There was blood on the back bumper and inside the trunk was Lecia's body. Her throat had been slashed and she had been stabbed several times. There was a great struggle inside the car. Blood covered the front seat and there was a broken back armrest. Her jacket and scarf laid in the back seat and her car keys and two billfolds were found tossed nearby near a fence several feet away. 

It's possible that someone under the guise of helping her with her flat attacked her. But it seemed that she had wounds indicating that the attacker grabbed her from behind and may have been in the back of the car already when Lecia left the Whaley's home. She was not sexually assaulted, but police believe that it may be possible that was the initial motive of the attack and Lecia was killed while fighting back. 

A cigarette at the scene contained DNA from a man named Robin Carter. He lived in the area at the time and has been in and out of jail over the years for violent crimes. He claims that he had nothing to do with Lecia's murder. The case against Carter is considered weak and charges have not been filed. 

SOURCES:

Fort Worth Police Department

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Ledger-Enquirer 

4 comments:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    cash for cars gympie
    cash for cars rockhampton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
    cash for cars gold coast
    cash for cars rocklea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
    car removal sydney
    car buyer sydney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am an antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
    Car Wreckers Hobart
    wrecked car removal

    ReplyDelete

April 24, 1924 Roker Beach, England Baby John Doe

 On April 24, 1924, the body of a newborn baby boy was found on Roker Beach near Sunderland, England. The infant was burned, had a fractured...