Sunday, September 8, 2019

Who Was the Boy on the Cover of Alice in Chains Album Jar of Flies


A small mystery is a question of who was the boy on the cover of Alice in Chains Album Jar of Flies. The band themselves came up with what they wanted the album cover to be. They wanted a young boy looking into a jar of flies and crazy colors to be used. This album would make it at #1 on the Billboards after it's release in 1994.

The photographer, Rocky Schenck, did just that. He remembered that it was photographed on September 8, 1993. The photoshoot took place in Rocky's dining room and it was only him, the boy, and his assistant for it.

His quote on Instagram on the day.

"Time FLIES! 25 years ago, Alice In Chains "Jar of Flies" debuted at #1 on the Billboard charts, and I have fond memories of shooting this album cover in my dining room. It was just me and my assistant, and a child whose name I've forgotten. My assistant made multiple trips up the street to gather hundreds of flies with a butterfly net at some horse stables. The flies kept dying, the kid kept complaining, and my assistant kept gathering more flies. The album was nominated for a Grammy for best recording package... and I still have the jars."

SOURCES:

2 comments:

Ghosts: Gelin

The Gelin (meaning Bride in Turkish) is a female demon or ghost in Turkish and Anatolian Greek folklore. More than likely hear stories in He...